Activities for the Curvilinear Chunky Blocks
- Show the child a shape. Trace the side with your finger. Repeat with other shapes.
- Using 2 sets of shapes, sort by shape.
- Introduce language, naming each shape.
- Ask for a shape by name. If the child cannot find it, identify it for them to reinforce the language.
- Have children feel the shapes in a covered basket, or just with their eyes shut and see if they can identify the shape by touch or if they can tactually find a shape that is requested.
- Use with our Curvilinear Pattern Cards (sold separately). Select a Pattern Card. Find the first shape shown and place it on top of the card. Repeat with the other shapes.
- Select a Pattern Card. Select a shape and place it on top of the matching shape on the Pattern Card.